10.18.2009

Pumpkin Patch.....

It's official. My kids refuse to let me take their pictures so I have to take side shots and sneak pictures when they aren't looking. My next investment will be a zoom lens. Then I can sit far away and they won't have a clue that I'm actually taking pictures of them.
We met my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and my niece and nephew for our annual trip to the pumpkin patch on Saturday. It was a gorgeous day - the air was crisp and the sun was shining.

Here are the boys watching a huge pig that just wandered around eating whatever he could.
Before we got to the pumpkin patch, I told the boys they could each pick out a pumpkin. The only rule was they had to be able to lift it.
We went on a hayride through the cow pastures and pumpkin fields. These cows are not afraid o anything. This one walked right up to us and started eating the hay we were sitting on!

See, when my kids refuse to let me take pictures of them, I have to resort to creatures that will. Here are two bull cows fighting over something - perhaps that pumpkin sitting there that the bright female cow is about to eat while the two manly cows duke it out.

The boys and I arrived to the pumpkin patch first. We sat and watched the peacocks and turkeys for about 10 minutes. Personally I think birds are nasty, but the bright colors on the peacocks were beautiful.
We had a great time. Came home with four pumpkins, some gourds and very tired kids.




No comments: