3.14.2010

Urho's

This weekend I decided to take my family up north to experience their first Urho's parade. For those of you that don't know about Urho's, it's a tradition held in Finland Minnesota. I think the idea behind St. Urho is that he chased all the grasshoppers out of Finland that were eating all the crops. Something like that anyways.
When I was a kid, I remember being in the parade one way or another. It's been at least 15 years since I've gone to the parade and it was pretty much how I remembered it. Lots of fun themed floats and tons of firetrucks. The kids thought it was awesome. Neither of them could believe how much candy was thrown their way. I was able to steal a quick smooch in between floats.
This made Brett's day. He was in shock when he was handed this huge lollipop. His first question? How do I eat this thing?
We had a great weekend up north and happy that spring has perhaps sprung!