6.02.2010

When I grow up.....

I'm always looking for a challenge, so when I got an email from NaBloPoMo tempting me to post every day in June and they'd help with a topic a day, I figured why not. I may or may not use their ideas each day, but I'm going to try my best to post each day.

Today's topic (well, not really today's - it was yesterday's topic, but whatever): When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I had two. I wanted to either be a teacher or a business woman - whatever that means. I remember that I had a real classroom desk in my room. You know, the old school kind that opened up and had a chair connected to it. Oh, and I had a chalk board too! I remember going into my mom's closet and wearing her high heels and making sure I walked through the kitchen to make them click on the linoleum floor.

Looking back, I think I must have known I wasn't cut out to be a teacher. I remember "setting up" my classroom. I would write my student list all nice and neat, take attendance and lunch count, put a few grades in the grade book, but that was it. I had no interested in actually teaching my pretend students.

I didn't know what a business woman meant, but I remember thinking it was important.
Secretly, I think I wanted to be a business woman because I figured they got to wear high heel shoes and boss all the boys around.


What did you want to be?

No comments: