11.03.2007

That time again

It's that time of year again. While my hubby is playing his role as hunter and gathering sitting hours upon hours in a tree stand waiting for that trophy buck, I get an itch to do some home improvement projects. Last year I painted the entire family room. For those of you that have seen this room, it's no small feat. To boot, I had a 4 year old and a 4 month old that required some attention as well. This year I decided I shouldn't be so ambitious.

I opted for updating our hardware in the kitchen and painting the downstairs bathroom. I'm a little embarrassed that I waited over 5 years to change the hardware.....all I have to say is that there must have been some sort of discount on these 1980's gold brushed things when the previous owners built. They are EVERYWHERE in my house - the kitchen, the hallway, the upstairs bathroom and the laundry room. Ugh. I chose to just update the kitchen and the hallway to start with. That alone was 29 knobs! See the update:





I tried to take before and after pictures of the bathroom, but they didn't really turn out. ....guess you'll just have to stop over to see for yourself.

7 comments:

Mom of 2 said...

I like!!! Isn't it amazing how hardware can give your kitchen a different look?
Wish I could swing by and see your paint job. Way to check some stuff off the list!!

Mom of 2 said...

I also copied your poll idea. I thought it was kind of fun...

Jill said...

Ooh, trendy. I think my grandma had those old ones all over her house, too. But if so, that was in the early 90's, so I think it was time for a change! (I have only been to your house once, but never even noticed, if that makes you feel any better!)

Mom of 2 said...

According to the poll, you should go lighter. Have you made the official decision?? Is the appointment actually today??? Yeah, I bet you're excited. Good luck... I think you should post a picture of your new FALL hair.

Amy said...

i crack up with all the mention of hubbies hunting on your blog, jenny's and others. it's so funny because my husband hunts, but no one else around here that i know (expet my dad)hunts. good luck with your hardware choice.

South American Sara said...

when is your hair appointment?

A Day In The Life.... said...

Hair appointment is tonight at 6:30pm....I'll let you know tomorrow what the final decision was!