11.01.2010

Menu Monday.....

To help me get through the next 30 days of posting every.single.day. I'm going to have to use some themes to help keep my limited creative skills flowing.
So, I'm thinking that Monday's will be MENU MONDAYS where I'll share a recipe and possibly a few pictures if I remember to take them before I manage to eat all the food.

Without further ado, here's the first recipe.

PUMPKIN PANCAKES
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
4 TBSP melted butter
5 TBSP canned pumpkin
1/4 sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp allspice
a few drops of orange gel food coloring
Combine eggs, buttermilk, butter, pumpkin, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer to blend ingredients. Add the dry ingredients and blend with mixer until smooth. Add just a few drops of gel food coloring until you get a nice orange color - it doesn't take much. Pour or scoop the batter onto a hot skillet 1-2 minutes each side.
BLACK CINNAMON SYRUP
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 TBSP flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup water
black food coloring gel
In saucepan, combine all ingredients except for the food coloring gel. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously. As it starts to heat, add in a little of the black food coloring. Allow it to boil for a few moments until the mixture has thickened. Remove from heat, allow to cool and put into a squeeze bottle.
I made these for the boys on Halloween morning. The loved them! They reminded me of a pumpkin muffin. Very tasty. I doubled the recipe and froze them 2 per ziploc bag for a quick breakfast whenever they want them. This recipe was courtesy of http://www.tidymom.net/
I decorated the first pancakes for the kids and then they wanted a chance to be the artist.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jaci said...

Those sound incredibly nummy. I also have gone back & referred to your last dish the crockpot ham. So I love that your NaBloPoMO benefits ME!

:o)