3.17.2008

Drama King

Mike was put in charge of getting Brett a haircut. I thought it wouldn't be busy if he just brought him to the local establishment right after he picked them up from daycare. Apparently there was a 25 minute wait (to which I said "why did you wait, you should have just left - Mike's reply...."I don't even want to hear that." )
I was making dinner when the boys arrived. Colton came in first through the front door and I asked him where the others were. He didn't answer my question, but proceeded to tell me that "Brett is a spaz." As the other two walk through the garage door, I could tell things didn't go well. Brett didn't even have his boots, coat or hat on and he was screaming. Mike was sweating and said "that was the worst hour of my life."
After the 25 minute wait, Brett REFUSED to wear a cape, REFUSED to sit by himself and REFUSED to let the poor gal finish his haircut. She got about 75% done and that was it. It. Was. Over. As they left, Brett was screaming, Colton was calmly eating Brett's sucker and the woman waiting for her haircut made the comment "Guess that's why Mom sent you." He's all happy now!! Oh and never mind the laundry that I was starting to sort on the bed. Guess I should have cropped that out!

6 comments:

jenny said...

oh, poor mike! this post made gave me a good laugh! last time i brought tucker, i had to hold him - standing up - the whole time. my arm killed, but he needed his shag cut bad!

Anonymous said...

that is crazy...i'm sure mike was going insane! glad to have that over with.
do you think mike will offer to take brett next time to get his haircut?

A Day In The Life.... said...

Yeah, Mike has already volunteered to never take him again. ;)

Swanson Family said...

Oh lord!!!! Maybe that is why Neil never wants to take Ty, he is worrid something like this will happen. Somethings are just better done with Momma! :)

Jaci said...

A) I love the PJs--both Quentin and Milo have them.

B) Hilarious story. And it goes to show ya that men need to sweat a little in those stressful times too. How often have us mommies been through nightmares like that??? TOO MANY TIMES!

Great story!

Jill said...

Very funny. Now I know that I'm not the only one that has to hold a screaming kid, getting covered in all his hair shavings, and licking the hair off the sucker that keeps dropping IN the hair shavings...

sigh.