3.05.2008

Momma's Got a New Do

In the past month or so, I've noticed something new about me. Something that isn't fun and is a sign that I'm growing older. Here it is. Are you ready? You sure?
I.Have.Gray.Hairs!!!
What is this all about? I realize that everyday I'm inching closer to the big 3-0, but come on!
I was trying to get pity from my husband to no avail. His comment you ask? "Well, it's hard for me to feel bad for you. At least you have hair that can turn gray."
Good point. Never ask a bald man for hair sympathy.
So on my girls night a few weekends ago, I graciously share the top of my head so that they can see that yes, indeed, there are gray hairs there.
For my third confirmation, I must show my mother. She just looks at me, smiles, and says, "Sorry, you get that from me."
Well darn it. This morning I decided to do something about it. This was after I plucked countless gray hairs out of my head and realized that that was not really going to help me.
I went back to blond hair!!
I'm working weird hours today due to a dinner thing I have to go to for work so I made a 9am appointment this morning with my lovely Ashley. I really could get used to this lifestyle. Waking at 7 instead of 5 to my cute little boy yelling from his crib "where arrrrrrrre you?" Taking my sweet ol time getting the kids and me ready for the day. Dropping them off at daycare while I get pampered.....oh yeah, back to reality.

I'll post pics of my new hair color soon.

4 comments:

Jaime Cox said...

Oooooooh yeah.... I can't wait to see it!!

Swanson Family said...

CANNOT WAIT TO SEE IT!!!! POST SOON!

Jill said...

Pictures, pictures! We want the pictures!

(Coming from someone who updates pictures on her own blog every what, 2 weeks??!)

Sara Wicht said...

Waiting, waiting, waiting...I'm going grey waiting...