If you like shrimp and spicy food, you have to try this Spicy Shrimp! It is to die for!!!
Oh, and don't be afraid to make this Chick Food either. YUMMY!
The woman that writes these recipes is extremely clever and I find myself chuckling at her wit.
She, of course, has her own blog as well. Check it out if you have a couple of hours to kill.
Thanks Tammy for finding this blog. I just love it!
Here we go.....
20 years ago I...
1. was in Mrs. Burger's third grade class thinking that we were so much cooler than the kids in Mr. Kerr's class.
2. was starting to cause drama with the other 2 Leah's in my class
3. was changing 'boyfriends' every 3 days with all the other girls - I like you, do you like me - check yes or no
10 years ago I...
1. was working at the taconite plant counting down the days until I could move out of SB
2. experiencing my first summer away from home
3. living in a house with 8 other girls - NEVER again!
5 years ago I...
1. bought a house
2. was learning how to be a parent
3. was about to marry my wonderful husband (9/28/02)
3 years ago I...
1. was anticipating the terrible twos - luckily they never came.
2. walked 60 miles to help fight breast cancer - Go team Fight Like a Girl!
3. got a job promotion
1 year ago I...
1. had a premature baby
2. got to learn how to share my time between two children
3. bought two new vehicles in one day - yikes!
So far this year I...
1. have gone to CA to see my great friend Leah get married
2. planned many home improvement projects - implementing will come soon!
3. created a blog!
1. cleaned the family room
2. passed up pizza for lunch (now that's a first)
3. got 3 things checked off on my to-do list
1. spent the day participating in a new leader orientation pilot for work
2. ran 1.5 miles without stopping
3. stained 1/4 of the deck, made Amish friendship bread, packed for tomorrow
1. will take the boys up to the lake for the weekend
2. will hopefully get to work on my tan - wait maybe I should say start on my tan
3. celebrate my nephew's 2nd birthday
In the next year I...
1. plan to have all my home improvement projects done
2. will be anticipating the terrible twos
3. training for another 60 mile walk against breast cancer - Dee, Tammy, are we on?
your turn! slap this puppy on your blog and share your history!
Born: 2 days past due date 4/10/02
Birth Time: 8:10 AM
Weight/Length: 8lbs 4oz, 21 inches
Eye Color: Brown (like his dad)
Rolls Over: 3 months
At 6 months: 15lbs 4oz, 27 1/4 inches
First tooth: 11 months
Waves: 8 months
Fave Food: Bananas
Likes: Sucking thumb
First Word: Tag (G&G's dog)
Born: 6 weeks early 7/3/06
Birth Time: 8:27 PM
Weight/Length: 5lbs 8oz, 18 inches
Eye Color: Blue (like his mom)
Rolls Over: 5 months
At 6 months: 15lbs 6oz, 26 inches
First tooth: 9 months
Waves: 10 months
Fave Food: Bananas (ok, this they have in common)
First Word: TBD - kind of says book and ba-ba for brother (at least that what we think it sounds like)
I'm so lucky to have two absolutely wonderful boys!!
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. The best is yet to come.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. So don't worry, enjoy today.
16. Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
17. You can get through anything if you stay put in today.
18. A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. If you don't ask, you don't get.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
33. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
35. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
36. Growing old beats the alternative (dying young).
37. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.
38. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
39. Get outside every day.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
42. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful, or joyful.
43. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
44. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
45. Those who matter don't judge you....those who judge you don't matter
Big brother pushing little brother throughout the family room on the lid of the toy box as fast as a 5 year-old can go! Are you kidding me? Apparently, they both think it's one of the greatest games invented!
Oh, and Brett really doesn't like to share his ride.
Here's Brett participating in one of his absolute favorite activities. This kid will hear the water running and come out of nowhere and tries to get into the bathtub. Oh, and don't even think about taking him out on your time. He'll let you know when it's time to wrap things up!
Colton spent a long weekend up in SB with Grandpa and Grandma. They kept him busy and he apparently enjoyed himself as he cried for the first 15 minutes as we drove away. He wanted to stay longer ~ personally I think it had to do with the ice cream sandwiches he ate every night. ;)
I took Colton school shopping on Friday evening. I just get butterflies thinking that I have a kid that is going off to kindergarten!!!
Brett's been a busy little man. He's pulling himself up on everything and has now mastered going up the stairs. The kid still eats like a 15 year old. Anybody know any other kid that eats 2 packets of oatmeal and a banana everyday for breakfast?