6.01.2008

Check And Done.....

#21 on THE LIST is complete! On Saturday the plants went in and the mulch went on. Only moments later the tornado sirens started and the black clouds rolled in. Luckily we were on the very edge of the storm so there was no damage to the little plants.
Here are some before, during and after photos for your viewing pleasure:

Here's before. Pretty boring huh?

Here's from the other angle. You can see the old gray bricks that the previous home owners had in place.
Making some progress! The new bricks are in. I stacked them 2 high to add a little dimension to the front of our house. I learned that on HGTV.
I kept only one of the previous bushes. No idea what it is, but it gets these hot pink flowers on it and it's beautiful.
There she is! The completed look. Keep in mind that things now need to grow. It doesn't look real full now, but give it a year or two and I'm sure it will be featured in a magazine - or my scrapbook. Either is just fine.
Oh, and we couldn't just let our trees in the front feel left out!See that little bush on the left hand side? That little guy is suppose to get 5-6 feet tall and 4-5 feet wide. Oh, and the 2 to the right of it will grow quite a bit and get white and purple flowers if all goes well. Man, I hope I can keep them alive!

I'm glad that this project is done. It was way more work than I thought it would be. LOTS of trips to Menards, 12 yards of dirt being dropped off in our front yard (we didn't use all of it for this project) and lots of learning from the nice people at the greenhouse.

9 comments:

Jaime Cox said...

look'n good girl!! you'll keep it alive. just add water:)

GOOD JOB!!

Jaci said...

Goodness! I can feel your pain--this is exactly what I did at the Duke's 2 weekends ago. How are your quads? And how about your forearms?? Those bricks get heavy after 2 rows.

It looks great!!

Anonymous said...

my goodness... you're practically mike smrekar... haha! :)

it looks great!!

Swanson Family said...

It looks awesome! I can't wait to come see it in person. Nice work, it is beautiful.

jenny said...

awesome! yes - in a few years those plants will be huge! it doesn't take long.

i talked to your mom and mike on friday! i just love them two!

Sara Wicht said...

Try those Miracle Grow spear things you can put into the soil...they're supposed to create miracles! Looks great, and the "adding dimension" idea from HGTV is really cool! I kinda miss having a yard, so now I can live vicariously through you.

Jill said...

Wow. Looks great.

I wish that I enjoyed watching HGTV. I just hire people for that sh*t.

But I'm very proud of you for doing such a great job. That couldn't have been easy at all, but I'll bet you just smile each and every time you pull into your driveway now!

Jill said...

I thought I left another message here yesterday, but it didn't show up.
The plant with the pink flowers is called "Wiegela" (Why-Gee-Lah).
I actually DID pay a landscape person to come out 2 weeks ago to give me some ideas and some plans, and found out that Wiegela is what I have 5 of...
we transplanted them from all over the front to the side of the garage. They are just starting to bloom their pink flowers now. I feel so smart. Just sad that I had to pay $100 to learn that! HA HA

A Day In The Life.... said...

Thanks Jill! Just think, with that $100 you made me smarter too! ;)