12.07.2008

A Good Weekend......

Thankfully my computer is back to functioning! YEAH!
Saturday was spent running errands and then we headed to the Swanson's to celebrate Bree's 1st Birthday. Poor Bree, she's the only girl in our group of friends. I have 2 boys, Jaci has 2 boys, the Smith's have 1 boy (with a GIRL on the way), Jill has 1 boy and Bree has 1 brother. We'll just say that she'll never be short a prom date!
Then I left my boys and headed to Kristen's for our annual White Elephant party. We've been doing this for at least 6 years. We always have great food, plenty of wine and some hilarious gifts. The standing rule is that you can't buy anything. Your gift(s) have to be something you have, you found, or was given to you. There are a few items that make their way around every year.....a Fiber Optic Bunny Rabbit, an Angel clock and some others that shall remain nameless.
Eating, eating and doing more eating at Kristen's. This festivity is so much fun that Jenny flew in from Texas for it!

Here's the crew (minus Mandy who had to sneak out early). Erica, Jayme, Amanda, Carissa, Robin, me, Jenny, Cathy and the hostess with the mostest, Kristen - seriously, she puts Martha Stewart to shame!


3 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, the girls' night looked like soooo much fun! I cherish each and every girls event I partake in...our beezatch events and any other ones that tend to happen more rarely than I would like! I would love to be a fly on the wall when you guys are opening your white elephants, that is for sure!

I love the pic with all the boys for the bday party. Wish we could have been there...
we have to get the kids all together again soon. Maybe in Jan?

Swanson Family said...

Very very fun! What did you get????!?!?! and how did your gift go over? Looks like a great time and I can't wait for our next girls day/night soon!

Jaci said...

I agree. When are we getting something on the BOOKS?!!? Who's turn is it??