8.10.2011

5 Things....

5 Things that have kept me busy this week (other than work and kids).

1. Our front porch has been bugging me since winter. As you can see in the 2nd picture, we had a railing with spindles. This winter, one of the kids was snowboarding down the hill on the side of our house and ran into the porch snapping one of the spindles so it's looked really classy over the past 7 months. Apparently on Sunday I had had enough and grabbed Mike's tool box and some tool and started wrenching on the mile long screws that held it into place and after about an hour of sweat and a few choice words, I got all the pieces off.


Here's what it looked like before. Don't be distracted by the band Naked Bacon that was performing in our front yard.



It's still in need of some work. I'll be borrowing my father-in-law's pressure washer and applying a nice fresh coat of paint. I was very happy when I called the city to see at what height railings are required and mine is low enough to not need them ~ yeah!




2. Still in the "clean this place up" topic, I gutted out Colton's room. I threw away so much stuff and reorganized everything else. It took me 2.5 hours, but it.looks.awesome! Luckily for me, Colton wasn't around to say, "no, don't throw that, I play with it all the time" with the million and six things he hasn't touched in years.




3. We are taking a little vacation to the Dells soon and the kids are excited! We are staying in a cabin that provides a whole lot of nothing, so I've been busy making a list of all the things we need to pack including meal plans for each day. I love doing this kind of stuff. I've got a great spreadsheet started with multiple categories. I'm so type A!




4. I'm helping again this year with Vacation Bible School. I've been busy attending prep meetings over the past few weeks. I think this is my 4th year helping out. I've been upgraded from leading kids from station to station to heading up the crafts station. Nothing like young kids, glitter and glue!




5. Words with Friends. Need I say more? I'm loving this game. Currently I've got 10 games going and two of those are with random people that the game hooked me up with.




What's keeping you busy this week?






1 comment:

Swanson Family said...

words with friends
coordinating everything for my parents party
my kids
my husband
my job

FUN STUFF!