9.18.2008

Delish.....

When Mike and I went to Maui 5 years ago, our friends introduced us to Fish Tacos. I realize these are not new by any means, but at that time they were new to me. And they were delicious. After we left paradise, I've tried them at a few other locations, but nothing quite compares. Until now.
I came across this recipe somewhere and have made them a couple of times. Yum. Freakin Yum. My kids even love them. So, I thought I'd share with you.

Oh, I double this recipe too.

12 oz fresh or frozen skinless fish fillets (I use Talapia because it's not super fishy)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp garlic powder
3 Tbsp mayo
1 tsp lime juice
2 cups coleslaw mix
Rinse fish and pat dry. Cut fish into 3/4 inch slices. Place fish in a single layer in a greased shallow baking pan. Combine olive oil, cumin and garlic powder. Brush over fish. Bake at 450 degrees for 4-6 minutes or until fish begins to flake with a fork.
While fish is cooking, stir together mayo and lime juice. Add coleslaw mix. Toss to coat.

Peach Salsa:
3/4 cup chopped peach
2 Tbsp sliced green onion
1/2 jalapeno seeded and finely chopped (keep seeds in if you like a little heat)
1 tsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp lime juice
1 1/2 tsp vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
cilantro (as little/much as you wish)
Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl

Spoon coleslaw mix into hard taco shells, add fish slices and top with peach salsa.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Maybe you should make these for me. When I was pregnant with Gage, I was super sensitive to smell...as many of us are when pregnant. A lady at my work heated up left over Fish Tacos in the break room, and practically sat on my lap while she ate them. I couldn't get the smell out of my nose. I ended up leaving the break room to go and get sick, never finishing my lunch and cursing her and fish tacos forever.

But I love fish...and I love tacos...
so maybe I just need to try them when I'm NOT pregnant sometime, eh?