2.23.2009

Drastic Measures.....

You have had to be living under a rock to not know what's going on in our economy. Because of that, I did something that I'm pretty sure I haven't done since 8th grade home-ec class. I "fixed" a pair of pants that needed some help. I purchased a needle and thread and fixed the clasps on a pair of pants.
In the not so distant past, I would have just went out and purchased a new pair and would have said goodbye to the old. But now, I've taken a new approach on saving a few dollars (or in this case at least 50) whenever and wherever I can.
What changes have you made to save a few bucks?

4 comments:

Denise said...

Lots of coupons..shop sales..Buy the kids clothes at garage sales etc. We have had to cut down in alot of areas too!

Sheena said...

I hate it- but I try to pack my lunch!

Jill said...

HA! I went and got pregnant with twins!

Um....
I haven't bought hardly any clothes for myself this time around. I'm making myself use what I had from my last pregnancy, and borrowing what I can from others. I have been clipping coupons more regularly, too.

Jaci said...

I also am BIG on clipping coupons. I got a subscription to the Sunday paper for Christmas--and I LOVE IT! It's the gift that keeps on giving.