2.17.2009

Star of the Week.....

Today was a special day for Colton. He got to celebrate his turn at being Star Student of the Week. Today, he got read his "Star Sheet" and hear what all the other kids had to say about him and then, best of all, hand out treats that he picked out - donuts.
Brett kept the crowd entertained and Colton was so proud that his little brother was there to see "his school."
Here's the star himself letting kids choose chocolate or powdered.... Here's the masterpiece.....
And here's the happy little brother sitting at his big brother's desk shoving a powdered donut down his throat....

Oh, and one little boy that came in late and missed introductions could possibly be my new best friend. He walked up to me and asked, "Are you Colton's sister?" I could have kissed him.

*For those of you wondering why in the world Colton's hair looks like it does - well, he's begged us to let him grow it out and since there are no major holidays and no family photos, we agreed. He's got until March 16 and then the hair gets cut. Mom wins. ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww, i love that you got asked if you're colton's sis! :) so cute!

Jill said...

I can't believe you have a 1st grader begging to grow out his hair...do they really start that young? When will he start asking for a mohawk? Green stripes?!? AH! I wish we could keep them young forever...
I also love that you were asked if you were his sister. That IS very sweet.

Swanson Family said...

well you look like his sister! NICE WORK HOT MOMMA!

You are good parents for letting him grow it out, I know this will come back to bite me, but this will NOT be an option in my house! short and tight, that is the option. :)

jenny said...

his sister? you GOTTA love that! i love little kids.

my brother is always giving me crap to let tucker grow his hair out and the kid isn't even 3 yet! i can't wait to have that battle!

congrats to the star too! :)

Jaci said...

I thought it looked dark, but I didn't really notice it was long. Too funny, you give em an inch, and they'll take it!