2.21.2010

Whew....

It's been a busy and fun past couple of weeks at our house. Mike and I went out for Valentine's dinner on the 12th then picked up a friend of ours and headed to Triple Rock for a concert. We watched Kirsten Dunst's boyfriend Jason Boesel, Dawes, and my favorite Cory Chisel and The Wandering Sons.
We had a blast and got home at 2:30 in the morning and we were up at 7:00 for Colton's basketball game. Ouch. For those of you that know me, 4 1/2 hours is not enough sleep for this gal. My dad came to Colton's game and then took us out for breakfast. I got a burst of energy and spent the day shopping. It was great! No kids asking to go look at toys, no husband getting antsy. Heavenly.
The following weekend we took the kids to MOA to hit up Nickelodeon Universe. We surpised the kids and didn't tell them where we were going. They were so excited!
This past weekend my mom came down. She and I went to the outlet mall on Saturday. I've been checking out some blogs that have talked about Responsibility Charts, reward charts, etc. I had been meaning to create one, but never got around to it. Well, when we were out shopping I ran across this find from Melissa and Doug - on sale!
It's awesome! It is designed for one kid, but I took advantage of the white board and copied the top for kid two. It came with about 30 tasks/chores/expectations and a whole slew of smiley faces. Mike and I pick out 7 items for the kids each week. They get one reminder to do the chore and if they do it, then they get a smiley face at the end of the day. The goal is to get 35 smiley faces total in one week and then they can pick out a prize out of the reward bucket.
So far, both the kids are sold on it and it's been a fairly good day for both of them. It is only day one though!

1 comment:

Jaci said...

Let me know how the responsibility boards go...I have two boys who brag about their "duty of the week" at school. And then they buck me on clearing their own dishes from the table. Seriously! Then again, Q did vacuum all my stairs and the entire lower level on Saturday morning. Maybe it all works out!

:o)